Weaving and post-weave processes, and custom engineering; with quality assurance.
The products Bally Ribbon Mills is capable of producing include:
- Narrow Woven Tape and Webbing
- Seamless Tubular Woven Materials
- 2-Dimensional Shapes
- 3-Dimensional Interlocking Angles
- Braided Structures
- Multi-Layer and Complex Shapes
- Uni-Directional Fabrics
The methods for fabric production include shuttle looms, needle looms, Jacquard looms, braiding, and specialty broad looms. This wide array of looms allows Bally Ribbon Mills to match the correct production method that will deliver the exact performance criteria needed for a customer’s needs.
- The shuttle loom is capable of manufacturing a seamless tubular material. Bally Ribbon also uses them in critical applications where uniformity is required on both woven edges.
- The needle loom (or shuttleless loom) is a newer high-speed loom that uses manufacturing efficiency and economies of scale to reduce costs for larger runs. This type of weaving technology produces one woven edge and one knitted edge.
- The Jacquard loom utilizes a computer controlled CAD design system. These looms have almost endless weave design capability. Common uses include patterned webbing, and message or logo writing that is woven into the substrate. A high quality and more durable alternative to printed webbing. This technology is often used in our advanced products because of the versatility in weave architecture and design capability.
- We offer specialized braiding. Fabrics produced include engineered flat braids, collapsed and assembled biaxial and triaxial braided tubular fabrics, “T” and “J” shapes for non-planar surface applications, and mandrel over-braids.
- We offer specialty broadcloth. These looms are most often utilized for R&D and special projects. We have the capability to weave up to 72 inch widths.
Post-Weave Processing Technologies
Bally Ribbons offers a wide array of post-weave processes including dyeing, finishing, strap cutting, hole punching, sonic welding, and minor in-process sub-assemblies.
- Dye house capabilities include yarn dyeing, small lot batch dyeing, and large lot continuous dyeing. We utilize spectrophotometers for color matching in order to minimize the time spent in the lab and increase production efficiencies. Lab dips are available through our dye lab for color matching of customer samples.
- Finishing capabilities are heat setting, scouring, resin treating for abrasion and/or stiffness, water based Teflon®, silicone, latex, waterproof, flame treat, anti-fungal, and pre-shrinking.
- Bally Ribbon Mills’ strap cutting department offers custom length cutting and sealing, hole punching, and sonic welding.
Certifications to ISO 9001 and AS9100 and ISO 13485 are available for download. As a result of BRM’s strong commitment to quality, the company has developed a top rate lab testing facility. Test reports and certificates of conformance to the Berry Amendment are available upon request. Tests available include, but not limited to, tensile, elongation, color fastness, abrasion, etc.
Bally Ribbon Mills’ design engineers are available to bring your ideas to life. Our experience in product design will aid you in prototype development and fabrication with confidentiality to protect your proprietary products and ideas.